I have a different project to share today. A keyring . . .
~ Ü ~
Make My Monday is still having their Things with Wings challenge, but with the added twist of acetate!
After much humming and hawing, I decided to go the Tim Holtz way, and play with alcohol inks.
The cage is cut from acetate and corrugated board. I made two sets and glued them together, so it's quite chunky. I coloured the acetate layer with ginger, currant & sunshine yellow, with drops of copper. On top of that I stamped a swirl using black stazon. Both sides are similar.
The bird is also cut from acetate, but uncoloured. It is stamped with a text stamp, and a swirl. I originally wanted a yellow bird, and added pearl mixative. Ugh! It turned out looking like mud!
The wings are cut from packaging material, an inner tray from a biscuit pack or something. It's very thin & light, but the corrugation gave it some rigidity. They are tucked in midway between the cage bars.
I wanted some bits & bobs for the top of the cage, so I added small acetate tags. One is stitched with butterfly sequins, and the other has layered flower sequins with a pearl centre. I did my inking on a tile, and the tags were coloured with just blending solution, and whatever it picked off the tile. I wanted some definition, so I ran the side of a marker nib along the edge. It's much safer than using the tip, as you could easily run the tip onto the tag itself
I had a lot of fun with this, and my younger son is already eyeing it. That'll be a great excuse to make another! LOL! The only snag with this is that it's not waterproof.
I should try out those shrink plastic sheets one day . . .
~ Ü ~
Other challenges entered:
Stampalot Challenge - whatever you fancy
Creative Inspirations - text me!
Hooked on Craft - things with wings
Incy Wincy Designs - anything but a card
Try it on Tuesday - hang it up
supplies: sizzix dies, alcohol inks & blending solution, stazon, Viva Decor stamp, Tim Holtz stamp