Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

paper-pieced cupcakes

Today's card is a combo of three challenges. There's a picture inspiration from Stampin' Royalty, which I combined with the sketch from Cards & More


and used a cupcake stamp for KB Cute Monday.


Using a papermania stamp, I created a paper-pieced image. It's not an easy stamp to colour, so I think I did okay with this.


 I used a mixture of printed and textured papers with the stamp, then cut and pieced them together. I thought it looked rather flat, so I added highlights on some elements, using a glittery gelly roll pen, stickles and gloss gel. I wanted more depth, so out came the waterbrush and pencils as well.


The image sits on an inked & embossed base. The edges of the card is also inked and the whole thing is finished off with punched flowers, swirls, buttons & gold twine!
I had a lot of fun doing this, and would probably do this again some other time.

Thanks for looking!
~ Ü ~

3 comments:

Stempelhexe said...

Ein traumhaftes Kärtchen ist das geworden, danke für deine Teilnahme bei Cards und More.

LG
Ulla

Doris P. said...

Wow! This is a very sweet card! Love this image! Thanks for joining us at CuM!
Hugs Doris

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

What a wonderful card! I love the paper piecing. Thanks for playing this week!

Brandi