Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

angry bird cage

Make My Monday has a photo inspiration challenge this week for their "things with wings" theme.

 
I am taking an offbeat angle on it
~ Ü ~


My boys are all crazy about angry birds, so I thought it would be fun to cage one up! LOL!

This is an upcycle project, as I'm just using stuff I find around the house. Alas, it is very crude! But boys will be boys . . . This is made for fun, and I doubt it'll make it to the end of the day intact.




It comes in two parts, so the bird can be taken out. The base is a butter cookies tin, wrapped with some ruffled crepe paper. I wanted some semblence to the inspiration photo, so I've used khaki crepe paper, tied up with parcel twine. The flowers are die cut from felt. I do not have pink felt, so I used white, and sprayed them with pink & red inks. They are layered over pink netting, and finished with a red gem.

The cage is made from corrugated board, disposable chopsticks and cereal box. The boys helped paint some of the pieces white. 
The cage sits inside the base. When it is lifted, the lip of the tin will hold it in place, so it can be carried around.


The top is held together with corrugated board, die cut with TH gadget gears die & mini gears M&S die, then hung up with parcel twine. 


A close-up of one of the felt flowers. They are cut using sizzix TH tattered florals die.

Other challenges entered:

11 comments:

marilynprestonn said...

I love how you used so many punches and dies here. The birdcage is such a pretty creation. Love the msh behind the flowers. Very creative!

Well done and thank you for playing Crafty Creations Challenge. Do come again, it'S always a pleasure to see what cardmakers come up with. :)peggy

Delphine said...

A brilliant project, Hilda! I love your birdcage! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Cazro said...

Hello Hilda, thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Your birdcage and angry bird are so entertaining. An ingenious and amusing project for your boys. I'm sure you all had a lot of fun. Well done. Caz

Cazro said...

Hello again Hilda, good luck from Try it on Tuesday, thanks for your fab altered art. Caz

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

What a fab and fun project!

Liza said...

Great work, I love your project Hilda. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Hilda, what a brilliant (and fun) altered project. I love the colours and pretty details. I'm sure your boys were so pleased with it. Thank you for sharing with us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Mynn xx said...

Hilarious interpretation of the photo--love it!

Fliss said...

I absolutely love this Hilda! It really made me smile and is such a quirky interpretation of the photo too.
Thanks so much for joining in again at Make My Monday and for the continued support which means such a lot.
Fliss xx

PatR said...

Such a fun transformation. Thank you for sharing it with us this week for the TioT challenge. xx

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty creations in our punches and dies challenge! What a fab project! Cheers Claire x