Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

SIL challenge week 7

It's the last challenge from the second anniversary blog hop over at Scrap-It-Lah. Amelia's challenge is to create a mini album from packaging. I was of two minds whether to play along. The stack of loose photos finally won, and I made a last-minute dash to meet the deadline...

Never having made an album before, I thought it would be good to have just a few pages. After browsing a few mags, the one thing that stuck with me was that there should be a cohesive feature repeated throughout the album. So armed with that, and  a few packaging pieces, this is what I came up with.



I didn't think any of the packaging was pretty. Being blister packs, they have uneven torn surfaces. So they're either treated with paint or covered with paper. Here are the rest of the pages. There's an initial highlighted for each child. I thought that was a fun thing to do.











I had a really messy time with this. I think I overdid it a bit, though! LOL! A bit stressful as I left it so late, but still enjoyable.

2 comments:

Amelia Khalik said...

Hi hilda, eerrr u never did an album??? seriously from the look of this one i am convinced ur one fantastic mini album creator!!! It's filled with details and goodness!!! Great take on the challenge and thanks for playing along with the blog hop! :)))

Yeong Shong said...

Wow.....beautiful and so many details....