Seeing it's a new thing, and given the short time frame, I decided to stick to my oft-used monochromatic scheme. That way, it would also serve as a backdrop to make the photos pop. I love the different expressions on these photos, and felt they deserve something special.
The canvas is first prepped with gesso. Then I tried out Tim Holtz's alcohol ink agate technique. I only did the edges and coloured the middle portion sparingly. It turned out differently though, probably due to porosity.
Even though it's basically a boy canvas, the hues allow me to use blooms without it appearing feminine. I spent quite a bit of time experimenting with different flower layering. I'm quite happy with the final outcome. So you'd probably see more of these flowers in my next layouts.
Using alcohol inks again, I coloured a piece of transparency, upon which I framed the main photo with inked chipboard. The monogram is highlighted with stickles and crackle accent.
I've had quite a bit of fun (a lot, actually) getting messy with this. Would probably make similar layouts for my other kids as well. But that's some other story...