Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

flappers

Hi! It's French week over at Papercraft Star, and
here's my vintage-y little piece.
~ Ü ~


 It's a flappers themed deco I made for a swap. 

Wherever possible, I try to reuse stuff, esp paper, and this is no exception. The image is matted with a used envelope (reused item #1). The stamped image has been trimmed and placed on either side of the main image. I love how the base visually holds everything up, and it's really firm, too! It's cut from the back of a pizza box (reused item #2), then embossed. The letter stickers are adhered, then the whole strip coated in crackle paint. It is simply embellished with a layered flower. And as nearly always, everything had been given the distress treatment. 

Also entering these challenges

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Ü ~

supplies: printed image (The Sum of all Crafts), stamp (papermania), daisy punch (dovecraft), flower die (cuttlebug), fence die & embossing folders (sizzix), distress inks & crackle paint (ranger)

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Lovely vintage style card!

Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad in our Live on The Edge Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Sylvia said...

Beautiful vintage piece, Hilda, I love your flappers! Thanks for joining us this week for the Papercraft Star "Anything French" challenge.

Sleepy Stamper said...

Hilda what a great way to use cardboard and paper! Love this little vintage card! Is's always a joy to see you playing at the Papercraft Star!

Anitra

Mina said...

stunning vintage card Hilda...I love the design...thanks for joining in with the Crafts and Me challenge
Mina xxx
p.s. I have candy on my blog if you would like to join in...the link is at the top of my sidebar

Terry said...

Fantastic vintage card! Love those Flappers! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a terrific idea to use the recycled envelope. I need to start really scrutinizing what I discard! Love your fleur de lis corrugated cardboard fence too, Super French card and wonderful entry into our repurposing challenge at Frilly and Funkie. Thanks so much for joining the fun with us this time around.

Hugs,
Linda

debbi taylor said...

I am loving the vintage style at the minute and this is great - thank you for joining us at the crafty pad this week x

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Oh I love vintage cards and this is just fabby! Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad Challenge Blog.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, love the French theme (my favourite!) The fleur de Lys picket fence is just fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x